BRS Business Risk Solutions has been involved in various National OSH Development activities such as:
• In 2009 BRS was part of the NTA Working Group that developed the OSH Unit Standards for:
• National Certificate: SHE Representative
• National Certificate: Supervisor OSH
• National Diploma: OSH Manager
These Unit Standards are already accredited by the NQA.
• In 2013 BRS was mandated by the ILO (International Labour Organisation) and the MLIREC (Ministry of Labour, Industrial Relations & Employment Creation) to conduct National OSH Audit and compile a National OSH Profile for Namibia. This National OSH Profile was validated by in 2019 by the various stake holders: ILO, MLIREC. MHSS, MME, NEF, SSC, Trade Unions, etc.
• In 2014 BRS was part of the NTA Working Group that developed the OSH Unit Standards for:
• National Certificate: OSH Officer
This Unit Standards are in progress to be registered by the NQA.
• In 2014-2016 BRS was part of the ILO, MLSW. MHSS, MME Working Group that is responsible for developing the National OSH Policy which was validated by in 2019.
• In 2015-2016 BRS was part of the MET, MLSW. MHSS, MME Working Group that is responsible for establishing NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health) which is currently in progress.
• In 2017/2018 BRS was part of the NTA Working Group that revised and developed the OSH Unit Standards for the total OSH curriculum. These Unit Standards was consulted with industry and are in progress of registration / accreditation by the NTA/NQA.
• BRS (Herman Engelbrecht) is lately appointed by the NTA for development (Designer) of the assessment material as well as assessor / moderator for the National OHS Certificate and Diploma.
BRS believes in National Empowerment by means of developing, investing in and employing Namibians.